Mr. Chandra Koduru
Mr. Chandra Koduru
Achiever's Success Story
“Mr. Chandra Koduru, General Manager and Head - Academic Interface Programme - Tata Consultancy Services”
TCS Academic Interface Programme (AIP), as a function, started more than two decades ago in a humble way with a vision to bridge the gap between Academia and fast evolving IT Industry and also to enhance the employability skills amongst the students. As the Technology is advancing rapidly and Industries are orienting themselves to this rapid change, the gap between Industry and Academia is widening.
In this context, TCS designed AIP framework to collaborate with Academia at various levels like, Institute Management, Faculty, Students, Heads of the Department, Training and Placement Offices, etc. to bridge this gap. Under this framework, AIP conducts various activities for Academia to create awareness on latest and emerging technologies, enhancing employability skills and make the students industry ready.
Some of the prominent activities conducted under AIP are:
- Workshops for students on technical and non-technical topics
- Faculty Development Programs for faculty
- Designing / delivering credit / elective / value-added courses
- Collaborative Education Programs
- Participation in various Academic Boards for curriculum review/update
- Participation in various Contests, Events, Hackathons etc. as Knowledge Partner
- Internships for students
- Industrial Visits for students
Key numbers from FY21-22:
- More than 175,000 students and more than 20,000 faculty from more than 1,000 institutes across India were benefitted through our various activities.
- Offered over 3,400 Internships in enabling the students to gain practical exposure of Industry.
- Part of 483 academic board memberships of Universities/Institutes to align Academic curriculum to the industry trends.
- 32 credit courses designed/ delivered at various Institutes across India.