Registered under the Society Act, 1860
Govt. of India Recognized 80G, 12A compliant
24 years of Excellence
SPORTS AND ADVENTURE AWARDS 2021
Honorable President of India, Shri. Ramnath Kovind, on November 13, 2021 presented the Sports and Adventure Awards 2021, at Rashtrapati Bhavan in Delhi. The Sports awards are held by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports annually, to recognize and reward excellence in sports. The awards were presented under following categories; Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Awards-2021, Dronacharya Awards-2021, Arjuna Awards-2021, Dhyan Chand Awards-2021, Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar-2021, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Trophy-2021 and Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Awards-2020.
Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award is given for the spectacular and most outstanding performance in the field of sports by a sportsperson over a period of previous four years. Arjuna Award for outstanding performance in Sports and Games is given for good performance over a period of previous four years and showing qualities of leadership, sportsmanship and a sense of discipline. Dronacharya Award for outstanding coaches in Sports and Games is given to coaches for doing outstanding and meritorious work on a consistent basis and enabling sportspersons to excel in International events.
Dhyan Chand Award for Lifetime achievement in Sports and Games is given to honor sportspersons who have contributed to sports by their performance and continue to contribute to promotion of sports event after their retirement. Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar is given to corporate entities (both in private and public sector), sports control boards, NGOs including sports bodies at the State and National level who have played a visible role in the area of sports promotion and development. Overall top performing university in inter-university tournaments is given Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (MAKA) Trophy.
A large number of nominations were received for these awards this year, which were considered by the Selection Committee headed by Justice (Retd.) Mukundakam Sharma (former Judge of Supreme Court), consisting members from eminent sportspersons and persons having experience in sports journalism & sports administrator etc.
Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award was presented to the following sportsmen for their outstanding contribution in the field of sports:
• Shri. Neeraj Chopra- for his exemplary performance, that made him win Gold Medal at the Tokyo Olympics 2020.
• Shri. Ravi Kumar- who won silver medal at the Tokyo Olympics, was honored with the award.
• Ms. Lovlina Boroghain- for her brilliant performance at Tokyo and winning bronze medal.
• Shri. Sreejesh PR- in recognition to his outstanding Goalkeeping.
• Ms. Avani Lekhara- for her exemplary achievement in the Tokyo Paralympics, 2020
• Shri. Sumit Antil- for his outstanding achievement in Para Athletics.
• Shr. Pramod Bhagat- for his outstanding contribution in Badminton and at Tokyo Paralympics.
• Shri. Krishna Nagar- for exemplary show at Paralympics and contribution in the field of badminton.
• Shri. Manish Narwal- for brilliant play in the field of shooting.
• Ms. Mithali Raj- for her exemplary contribution in Cricket
• Shri. Sunil Chhetri- for being one of the outstanding football players of the country
• Shri. Manpreet Singh- for bringing back the lost glory of Hockey; outstanding play at Tokyo Olympics, 2020.
Dronacharya Awards are presented to outstanding sports coaches, and this year the awardees are:
• Shri. T.P Ouseph
• Shri. Sarkar Talwar
• Shri. Sarpal Singh
• Shri. Ashan Kumar
• Dr. Tapan Kumar Panigrahi
• Shri. Radhakrishnan Nair P
• Ms. Sandhya Gurung
• Ms. Pritam Siwach
• Shri. Jai Prakash Nautiyal
• Shri. Subramanian Raman
Tenzing Norgay Award is considered as the Highest Adventure sports honor in India. Following are the awardees:
• Ms. Priyanka Mangesh Mohite- for being the first woman to climb Mt. Annapurna and the youngest to climb Mt. Lhotse.
• Shri. Jay Prakash Kumar- for his adventurous mountaineering expeditions.
• Col. Amit Bisht- for his exceptional leadership in mountaineering.
• Ms. Sheetal- for being the youngest to climb Mt. Kanchenjunga.
• Shri. Srikaanth Viswanathan- for having completed Triple Crown of open water swimming.
• Lt. Col. Servesh Dhadwal- for his achievements in freefall skydiving.
• Shri. Jaikishan- for his exemplary contribution in skydiving and mountaineering.
35 Sports persons have received Arjuna Awards for their outstanding performance in Sports and Games 2021.