Mr. Raghava Rao
Achiever's Success Story
Mr. Raghava Rao- An Entrepreneur with Focus on Self-Sustainable Community Development
As an ardent nature lover and a passionate entrepreneur, Mr. Raghava Rao believes that Self Sustainable Societies are the key to achieving sustainable living into the future. To put it into his thoughts, “Let’s unlock the potential of Mother Nature and enrich our lives,” ring even louder today as he emphasizes returning to our roots, to achieve sustainable living. Mr. Raghava believes that by adopting the proven lifestyle practices of our ancestors, we can build a sustainable future for ourselves and our coming generations. According to him, Self Sustainability is not a new thought, but, the “way of living” in our villages till the 1980s. We just need to refer to those best practices, in order to build our residential communities as truly self-sustainable ones.
He believes that, it is not just infra development that helps to build such Self Sustainable Communities. But it is important to bring about a positive change in the mindset of people, to embrace Nature for living, rather than move away from it. NSR is the brainchild of Mr. Raghava, to channelize his passion into reality. It stands for Nature + Self-Sustainability + 3R (Reduce, Reuse and Recycle)
Key practices adopted to drive self-sustainability:
- Restore the ecosystem to preserve NATURE in its original form.
- Create a thick green cover with functional and native plantation.
- A 360-degree approach to Water Management, comprising activities such as Harvesting, Reusing, Recycling and Conserving.
- Maximize the usage of Solar Power.
- Promote Herbal life, by growing essential herbal (medicinal) plants locally and educate the community on simple age-old wellness methods.
- Integrated Organic Farms for Self-grown Food – Grow fruits and vegetables organically in every plot and common area to foster self-sufficient living.
- Adopt construction methods with locally available materials – mud/earth construction using natural materials like lime, soil, etc.
- Adopt construction methods like Mud Concreting to build houses, by recycling locally available waste materials / debris.
- Replace toxic materials with natural materials, to create a healthy environment.
- Most importantly, Focus on Community Living and bring people together.
He believes that in a nutshell, these will help deliver Sustainable Green Lifestyle, without compromising on modern amenities and comforts. NSR Green Woods is a tranquil oasis, where people can live in the lap of nature in a self-sustainable way. The healthy environment notwithstanding, NSR Green Woods is the fruition of a vision, that envisions modern living in perfect harmony with Nature. Mr. Raghava looks forward, to create more such communities in the coming years, to follow his passion and fulfill his dream of building a Self Sustainable Society at large.