Mr. Kumar Keshav
Mr. Kumar Keshav
Achiever's Success Story
Mr. Kumar Keshav- The Man of Excellence
A Gold medalist from IIT-Kanpur (MTech) and IIT-Roorkee (B.E.), Mr. Kumar Keshav, currently serving as the Managing Director of Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC) has led a team of professionals and they altogether have completed a 23 Km long North South Corridor of Lucknow Metro Project Phase-1A. This spectacular project was completed in a span of just of 4½ years which was 36 days ahead of the scheduled time, hence making it the fastest constructed Metro project in the country.
Mr. Kumar Keshav basically belongs to the Indian Railway Service of Engineers. He took charge as the Managing Director of UPMRC on 18th August, 2014 and commenced his work on 27th September, 2014. Prior to that, he served a long tenure of more than a decade in Delhi Metro Rail Corporation and contributed in successful implementation of Phase-I and Phase-II of Delhi Metro project. He also holds the credit for leading the prestigious International Heavy Haul Rail Project in Queensland, Australia as Project Director-Rail.
With regards to the Lucknow Metro, it is considered as a dream project of the people of Uttar Pradesh which had been realized by Mr. Kumar Keshav much before the anticipated time. UPMRC has demonstrated its strength in project implementation of a highly complex project keeping in consideration the best international safety standards and quality parameters.
UPMRC has been assigned two metro projects in the Kanpur and Agra cities of Uttar Pradesh. The Kanpur Metro’s 9 KM priority corridor was completed in a record time of just 2 Year 1.5 Months. Following the inheritance of timely completion of metro projects, Kanpur Metro’s priority corridor currently holds the distinctive feat of being the fastest constructed project in the country and its revenue operations were inaugurated in the presence of Honorable PM Shri Narendra Modi and CM Yogi Adityanath on the 28th of December 2021. At present, under the leadership of Mr. Kumar Keshav, both the metro projects are being executed at a fast pace.
Mr. Kumar Keshav contribution towards metro and the railways is notable and some of them are:
- Under the autonomy of Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation, it started with its subtlety – Lucknow Metro project as a dream. This dream was made true on 5th September 2017 when Lucknow Metro train was flagged off. Lucknow Metro the ‘Dream Project’ of the people of Uttar Pradesh was executed by Metro engineers with extreme dedication under Mr. Kumar Keshav’s leadership.
- With his expertise, he mapped out different strategies and steered a team of professionals towards fastest completion of the ‘Priority Corridor’.
- UPMRC yet again created a record in the history of Metro project execution by commencing Metro Services on the entire North-South corridor from CCS Airport to Munshipulia covering a stretch of 22.878 km.
- Kanpur Metro project comprises two corridors of total – 32 Km length; these are partly elevated and partly underground. About 4 million people will be benefitted directly or indirectly through this modern public transport system.
- Agra Metro project will also have two corridors of total 29 Km length with seven underground Metro in central part of the densely populated city and near the historical monuments including world famous ‘Taj Mahal’. It is expected to benefit about 2.8 million population of the city. Commercial operations on Agra Metro are also targeted by end of year 2024.
Recognizing his exemplary contributions to the Railways, Mr. Kumar Keshav has been awarded the “Man of Excellence” award by the Indian Achievers Forum.