Mr. G. K. Sharma
Mr. G. K. Sharma
Achiever's Success Story
A Leader with outstanding Professional Excellence- Mr. G. K. Sharma
Mr. GK Sharma Country Director – IES India, Plastic Omnium, is currently heading the Intelligent Exterior Systems Division of Plastic Omnium India. Plastic Omnium IES Presence in India includes a Plant located in Chakan, Pune and Technical Center in Vimannagar. The organization is a French Automotive Multinational group that operates globally, with 131 production plants in 25 countries and 25 R&D centers.
Mr. Sharma has a rich Industrial experience of about 25 years in the field of Operations, Manufacturing Excellence, Process Improvement, Quality & Safety. During his career, He has successfully held several Leadership positions in some of the leading Industries like General Electric, Regal Beloit Corporation and now Plastic Omnium. He is a qualified MBA and Certified Six Sigma Master Black belt from GE.
During his tenure at General Electric, He has led the team successfully to deliver outstanding results in Productivity Improvement Projects through Operational Excellence & Continuous Improvement. He is a Lean expert with several qualifications in Continuous Improvement, Operational Excellence & Productivity.
At Plastic Omnium, He is successfully leading the position with challenging role of Business Growth, Acquisitions & Profitability. Under his leadership, company has delivered excellence results in the area Cost, Quality and Safety. Recently company has celebrated 2000+ accident-free days and heading towards Goal of 3000 safe days. Mr. GK Sharma has a passion of Innovation, Operational Excellence, and Environment Protection & Social Engagement.
Some of the key Achievements of Mr. Sharma are:
- Safety: 2000 Zero accident days and continued (Nov 2021)
- Sustainability: Installation of Largest Roof Top Solar Plant in Plastic Omnium in 2021, capacity 1.35 MW
- Carbon neutrality progress: 2700 MTon (75% reduction in Scope 1 & Scope 2) with Solar Plant, Efficient lighting, Waste reduction, Energy Efficiency & Milkrun etc.
- Quality: Single digit customer PPM in 2021
- Financial Turnaround of Plastic Omnium India in 2021
- Successful Launch of First Plastic Tailgate in India for Customer Mahindra, Vehicle XUV700
- Winner of Plastic Omnium Global Award 2022 for Financial Performance
- Winner of Plastic Omnium Special Award of the CEO – 2022
- Winner of Economic Times “Polymer Award 2022” for Excellence in Automotive
- Achieved CII National Gold Award for Digitalization, Robotics & Robotics in 2020.