Achiever's Success Story
Powering India’s Progress!
Kyndryl (NYSE: KD) is the world’s largest IT infrastructure services provider, serving thousands of enterprise customers in more than 60 countries. The company designs, builds, manages, and modernizes the complex, mission-critical information systems that the world depends on every day.
Kyndryl serves 215+ India-based customers, and from India delivers solutions for more than 700 more worldwide. Kyndryl is the market leader for IT infrastructure services locally, and about one-third of Kyndryl’s approximately 90,000 employees are based in India.
The following are some key elements of Kyndryl’s business in the country:
RESEARCH AND DESIGN Kyndryl’s research and design laboratories in India— employing highly skilled engineers, master inventors, PhDs, scientists, designers and analysts—drive innovation for customers, developing critical next-generation capabilities such as Kyndryl Bridge, which represents the future of managed IT services.
INDIA-BASED CUSTOMERS Kyndryl serves 215+ India-based enterprises, accelerating their digital transformation and adding value to their endeavors Kyndryl is working to innovate in fintech, streamline AI-based business processes for a retailer, and a create hyperscaler-native app for a gaming company. Additional examples of work across industries include:
- MANUFACTURING Driving a hybrid cloud strategy and IT modernization for Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India, connecting mission-critical operations across manufacturing and sales enterprises
- FINANCIAL SERVICES Designing and implementing a strategy with Suryoday Bank to increase its customers’ adoption of digital banking through digital transformation
- TRAVEL Creating a new “Airport in a Box” platform for Bangalore International Airport, to transform the end-to-end travel experience for passengers
- TELECOMMUNICATIONS Managing IT infrastructure services for 2 out of the top 3 telecom providers in the country GLOBAL CUSTOMER WORK Through its Customer Innovation Centers, Kyndryl’s work in India plays a pivotal role to meet the modern IT needs of the world’s most important enterprises. Kyndryl India employees have the insights, skills, and knowledge to meet complex challenges from ongoing Digital, eGovernance, Cloud, infrastructure and application modernization projects—both in India and beyond.
- IMPACT From India, Kyndryl touches the lives of more than a billion people through our local and global customer work in Customer Innovation Centers, which deploy capabilities for more than 700 customers worldwide.
- EXPERTISE With more than 30,000 certifications and accreditations (up 73% since Sept. 2021), employees in India have both technical expertise and deep domain knowledge across industries to develop the right solutions.
- INNOVATION Employees in India are leading innovation in mission-critical technologies for the next century, including cloud, automation, AI, 5G, and security & resiliency.
“We are living in a moment of great realignment to be more inclusive, more sustainable, and stronger. It is hard to imagine a more suitable leadership partner than India.” —Martin Schroeter, Chairman & CEO
CITIZENSHIP, ECONOMICS, EDUCATION Kyndryl is committed to India’s socioeconomic development. Kyndryl will continue to develop relationships with several government stakeholders, finding opportunities to align Kyndryl’s technical and domain expertise with the digital priorities of state and federal governments, rural and urban.
- Kyndryl is deepening its role as a stakeholder in this enterprise: our employees have led more than two dozen social impact initiatives, dedicating over 1,780 hours of volunteer time.
- The Economic Times recognized Kyndryl as one of the “Best Organizations for Women 2022.” And
- CYBER RAKSHAK In partnership with Common Service Centers under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Kyndryl is creating a Cyber Rakshak cybersecurity awareness module that seeks to help women better address cyber threats in their personal and professional work. Kyndryl will co-develop the curriculum and work with the CSC to engage, train and mentor more than 100,000 women from rural and remote communities. The initiative aims to empower future leaders and extend economic opportunity to women in the world’s fastest-growing economy.
- SKILLS BUILDING Kyndryl is exploring ways to support the Government of India’s digital transformation goals of transforming digital infrastructure, upskilling workers, bolstering cybersecurity, and crafting a new standard for fintech architecture. Working with the government and local universities, Kyndryl is developing a pilot program, called Kyndryl University, that will focus on skills and career paths, and will include mentorship, career counseling, internships, hackathons, and more. The pilot program, accessible online, in person or in a hybrid model, will serve as a template to be replicated across Kyndryl’s markets.
- INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY – TIRUPATI Kyndryl and IIT-T will work together to advance research, share knowledge, and drive breakthrough developments in AI-enabled 3D printing technology. The collaboration will combine IIT Tirupati’s domain knowledge in 3D printing with Kyndryl’s global expertise in AI, enabling the co-creation of machine learning models that will allow for near real-time identification of potential defects during 3D printing. Gaining this knowledge in advance could help identify significant savings in cost, time, and waste generation, as well as contribute to new product development by predicting performance in real-world manufacturing environments.