In 2004, Smt. Poonam Motiwal a human rights activist founded the organization HumanityFoundation of India (HFI), to free thousands of people from the shackles of deprivation. Smt.Poonam Motiwal is a dedicated social leader who has devoted her life to the service of humanity. She has been working at the grassroots level to empower the destitute with a specific focus on women and children and has been instrumental in starting SHGs and various schemes for rural development, education, women’s safety, environment, social change, and climate change. As an advocate of human rights, her campaigns focus on two basic tenets of the Indian constitution; the rights to life and livelihood.
Her social work, spanning various states started with the thought of providing a sustainable solution to serve humanity. Unlike the conventional approach, she has imbibed the aspect of the end-beneficiaries as stakeholders, akin to the shareholders of any organization. Her approach involves the beneficiaries as the core members of the organisations that she spearheads. This ensures the long-term independence and empowerment of the end-beneficiaries, wherein they become decision-makers and social change influencers. All the schemes are run by independent organisations called ‘Samities’ which are bodies of management committees that consist of the end beneficiaries themselves, along with past beneficiaries to lead the projects and the schemes.
In her words, “True strength comes from empowering the whole community, in the spirit of the humanity and our only religion is that of service to it. Only when we are accountable to those we help, can we truly empower them.” This unique approach has meant that each of the more than 2000 beneficiaries have gone on to lead better lives and have endowed the same on several others.
Under Smt. Poonam Motiwal, HFI has liberated more than 1000 children from exploitation and developed a successful model for their education, rehabilitation, and reintegration into mainstream society. Through the Self-Help Group Mahila Sahayta Yojana, over 500 women have been emancipated from the shackles of poverty. HFI has implemented countless programs, such as:
• Education: School for the poor, Vocational training, Parallel education, Partnership with agencies and Government for re-education.
• Health, Nutrition & Population: Healthcare camps, Medical check-ups, Hygiene and sanitization awareness, PPE kit distribution.
• Animal Welfare & Protection: Medical Aid, Shelter, Adoption, Awareness.
• Girl Child & Women Empowerment: SHGs, Women rights, Legal recourse, Education & Employment.
• Human Resource Development: IT Training, Capacity Development, Vocational Training, Action for Children, Skilling.
• Community Empowerment: Resettlement, Census, Infrastructure support, Village adoption, Vocational Training, Awareness programmes.
• Human Rights: Legal recourse, PIL, Awareness & IEC material distribution.
• Special Support Programs: Moral & Mental Health education, Aid for the specially-abled.
• HFI SOACH: Youth Employment & Employment, Awareness activities, Corporate planning.
• Poverty Eradication: Financial Education, Financial Aid and Livelihood support.
• Environment: Plantation & Afforestation Drives.
In addition, HFI is providing humanitarian aid across six Indian states and COVID aid across Uttar Pradesh. As an extension of her work to serve humanity, Poonam ji has helped establish a network of activists across the country, and her initiatives have been widely covered by the media. To know more: https://linktr.ee/hfiindia.
IFSC CODE : KKBK0000203
MICR No.: 110485046
If you are choosing this payment option, then please select and copy the above text before closing this pop-up.