Achiever's Success Story
Apollo SHINE Foundation
The Director of the Apollo SHINE Foundation Mr Kishore Manohar and the Medical Director Dr Indira Jayakumar are pleased to receive the Indian Achievers’ Award for Excellence in Healthcare 2021 on behalf of the Apollo SHINE family.
The Apollo SHINE Foundation is a not-for-profit initiative by the Apollo Hospitals group that focuses on Campus Health across 100 plus campuses and covers close to two lakh students in India. The program is designed to create awareness about common health problems and to enable students to be completely equipped to handle different types of medical/healthcare situations that might arise during their life.
The Shine Healthcare service includes
- Setting up & managing a First Aid Room up manned by specifically trained Apollo Shine Nurse Officers
- An extensive 360 Degree health education program
- Shine Medi-screen
- Accident insurance
- Shine card benefits
and a lot more services that focus on preventive healthcare.
Given the COVID-19 pandemic, we have revamped our program to ensure campuses are prepared to deal with health issues as effectively as possible. We have been doing Covid Safety Audits and Certification across India and providing safety recommendations and Covid guidelines since before the first lockdown in 2020.
The pandemic did not stop us from making a difference in people’s lives. During the last year alone,
- About 3,00,000 people we screened for covid and other health issues
- 37 schools and colleges were audited for campus safety and certified across India
- 1548 COVID helpline calls handled by Doctors and Nurses
- More than 200 webinars organized for the students, teachers, and parents
- 80 Nursing Officers continued to be on-duty in schools, colleges and hospitals through the pandemic, supporting the institutions for various
- Almost 500 RTPCR tests done
- 1000 hospital admissions, for both COVID and Non-COVID cases facilitated
- More than 500 vaccinations facilitated
These are not just numbers, but precious lives touched during the most difficult of times. What started as a fight against the non-communicable diseases, is today the biggest battle against a communicable disease, that is COVID-19.
Come what may, the Apollo SHINE Foundation is ever ready to roll up our sleeves and make a difference in people’s lives, especially the student community. A big shoutout to our fellow healthcare workers on the frontlines and the entire Apollo family who kept us Shining during these unprecedented times.