Achiever's Success Story
Dr.Nagma Abbasi ,Founder & CEO, NexGen Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
The founder and CEO of a leading Biotech startup, and an eminent scientist and researcher, Dr. Nagma Abbasi, is a determined entrepreneur with a vision. Intending to tap into the opportunities presented by the unexplored facets of Biotechnology, Life Sciences, and the healthcare industry, Dr. Abbasi founded NextGen Life sciences in 2014 and is expanding the organization’s footprints across the global market.
While most entrepreneurs have their hearts set on being recognized as leaders, Dr. Nagma thinks of leadership as a journey and not an endgame.
Recently named one of the top 10 women entrepreneurs in India for 2020 by Forbes, Dr. Abbasi is a brilliant scientist and an astounding entrepreneur. She completed her higher studies in Business Administration, Doctoral studies in the field of Molecular Genetics, and finally, her Postdoctoral studies in the field of Molecular Biology from institutes like IMT Ghaziabad, AMU, Aligarh, and Indian Agricultural Research Institute, Delhi, India,
In order to cater to the untapped opportunities in the industry, Dr. Nagma Abbasi established NextGen Life Sciences with an aim to bridge the gap between the needs and pains of researchers of the life sciences/biotech industry and assist the scientists to gain insight into the recent innovations and technologies, assuring a sound knowledge of the subject matter. Henceforth, with its augmented spectrum of products and solutions, NextGen is empowering the mounting realm of complex analytical challenges. The company addresses a wide range of requirements such as the sample, material characterisation, and chemical analysis to clinical diagnosis and biological-based therapeutics handling.
Being a scientist herself, Dr. Abbasi was aware of the pain points of scientists in the biotechnology, life sciences, and healthcare industry. Having this experience was beneficial for curating the services of NextGen and turning it into a successful establishment. However, like any other startup initially, the company too had to face a few challenges such as capital investments, assembling a quality team, building a customer base, and a good relationship.
“Today, with our hard work and determination, we deliver the best of services and solutions which are smart and futuristic. As a result, NextGen has become the most preferred brand for our clients.”
“Besides, our ultimate focus is to provide high quality and innovative products and services at competitive prices in a timely fashion to customers.”
Recognition: Awards and Accolades
- Featured as One of the “Top Inspiring Business Leaders making difference in 2021” by GlobalTech Outlook Magazine March 2021.
- Received Women of the Year Award 2021 by DigiLive.
- Featured as one of the Top 10 Most inspiring CEO to watch in 2021 by Prime Insights.
- Selected as India’s Inspirational Leader 2020by WCRC
- Featured among Top 10 Women Entrepreneur in India 2020by Forbes India
- Selected and featured as Decisive Women Leaders 2020by Business APAC
- Featured amongst 30 Most Influential CEOs by CIO Bulletin
- Selected as Winner of India 500 CEO Awards 2020
- Awarded as Entrepreneur of the Year Biotechnology and Healthcare Industry 2020 by Power Brands
- Listed as India’s Most influential CEO of the Year 2020—Life Sciences by Corporate Vision Magazine, UK
- NextGen Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd. is the winner of India 5000 Best MSME Award 2020
- Featured as The Entrepreneurs Beyond the Bounds of COVID-19by Business Connect magazine August 2020.
- Featured amongst 50 Leading Companies of the Year 2020in the USA by leading Tech Magazine The Silicon Review April 2020 Issue
- Entrepreneur of the Year in Trading Business—MSMECCII Genentech Asia Awards 2020
- Women Entrepreneur of the Year 2019by Business Connect Magazine
- Featured as Emerging Healthcare Solution Providers to Watch in 2019
- Featured as Startup of the Year 2018by The CEO Magazine
- NextGen Life Sciences has been featured among the Top 20 Best Life Science Start-Ups by Silicon India Magazine in the Year 2018